Pages

Saturday, December 03, 2005

"Garden State"

Ok, people. I finally saw it! I went to blockbuster with a serious movie in mind, so I got it. Then I wanted a foreign movie that a friend suggested I watch, so I got it. Then I wanted another movie that I wouldn't have to read subtitles for, and I got Garden State. It stood out on the shelf, calling me... probably because petercoffin had a link to Zach Braff's video blog and I watched it and he talked about this movie. I knew he was in it, but didn't realize that he also wrote and directed it.

I think I was expecting it to be a funnier movie, but that didn't lead to disappointment. It was still great.

I liked how the theme seemed to be that "life is now, this is it". It makes you think about what you've been putting off, or what you're afraid to do because it would mean a change.

I really liked how both main characters were not perfect. But it was because of that that made them perfect for each other.

No comments: