Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

A Motivating Benchmark, Plus Healthy Snack Ideas

For the past three weeks, I've been trying to get back into a more regular workout schedule. I notice that when I skip workouts, my lower back and shoulders feel tight and uncomfortable, and I really have to watch what I eat. When I exercise, my muscles feel looser and I have a little wiggle room in terms of my calorie intake.

A discovery I've made this week is that I've found some time-saving healthy snacks to eat. Before, I would spend a lot of time preparing smoothie bags for the week - and I think I've found a time-saving alternative to throw into the mix (i.e., I plan to still find time to make smoothies for breakfast occasionally).

Here are a few healthy snack ideas:

  • sliced cucumber and hummus
  • sliced bell pepper (I prefer orange, red, or yellow)
  • sliced or whole apples (I prefer Honey Crisp, Pink Lady, or Jazz)

Current goal: Lose ~15 lbs.

Current loss*: 10 lbs.
*For a more current amount, see the icon in the top right corner of this blog.

This step toward my weight-loss goal has earned me a badge on Fitbit.com!



No comments: