Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Memórias Póstumas

Memórias Póstumas is the movie that I chose to write about for my Brazilian Film class. It is based the book, "Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas", written in 1881 by Machado de Assis.

Basically, the protagonist, Brás Cubas, narrates his life story to you.... after he has passed away. The movie is filled with moments of subtle humor:

"Linda.... mas, coxa." ("Beautiful.... but lame.")

This is definitely a good one.. too bad you can only get it in Brazil!

2 comments:

webgringa said...

Posted by Juan (5/12/2006):

The chick Sonia Braga played both Marcela in “Memorias póstumas de Brás Cubas” and Gabriela in “Gabriela”. Bam!!

webgringa said...

Posted by Josie (5/12/2006):

Holy crap, Juan. I had been trying to figure that out all day!! Sonia Braga was even on the Cosby Show!!!! I think she had a small part though, as someone’s wife.

You blew me away!